Special Projects: Public Information Officer, Social Media and Public Education.
Bio: Jim was born and raised in Fairfax, CA where both of his parents still live in his childhood home. He is 1 of 4 boys in the family. Jim is currently engaged and has 2 children, a son and a daughter. Jim has lived in Sonoma County for approximately 30 years, 25 of those in Windsor.
Year Started with District: 2021
- High School: Sir Francis Drake, San Anselmo
- College: Fire Science Curriculum – College of Marin and Santa Rosa Junior College
- Emergency Medical Technician
- State Firefighter I – Santa Rosa Junior College
- California State Fire Marshal – Certified Company Officer, several Chief Fire Officer Classes, numerous fire and emergency related courses
- Federal Emergency Management Administration – FEMA Canine Handler 14 years, Technical Search Specialist
- 1982 -1983: Ross Dept of Public Safety - sleeper/firefighter
- 1987-2021: Marin County Fire Department – began as a seasonal firefighter, hired full-time permanent firefighter in 1993.
- Promoted to Fire Apparatus Engineer in 1994.
- Promoted to Fire Captain in 2005
- Retired in 2021
- 2021 – current: Sonoma County Fire District – Community Outreach Specialist
- 1995 – 2015: Marin County Urban Search & Rescue Team CA-RTF 1 Rescue Squad member, Water Rescue Team member, FEMA Canine Search Specialist
- 2001 – 2015: FEMA Urban Search & Rescue, Oakland CA Task Force 4 Canine Search Specialist & Technical Search Specialist