This is applicable for the Town of Windsor Only
For other areas outside of Windsor in the unincorporated Fire District areas please contact the County of Sonoma, Permit Sonoma Division at: 707-565-2361
Sonoma County Fire District Special Events Fee ScheduleFee Schedule Special Events.pdf
Temporary Tent and Special Event Permit Application FormsSpecial Event Application Form.pdfTemp Tent Application Form.pdfTemporary Tent Install Requirments.pdfTent Diagram.pdf
The site plan shall be detailed to include the following information:
· Overall site plan to show the property and roads
· A detailed site plan
· Location of the required fire access roads
· Location of tent structures
· Location of parking
· Location of cooking or catering area
· Seating arrangement
· Location and number of exits from tent structure
· Fuel fired equipment or internal combustion engines
· Location of other structures
· Total occupant load based on use
· Size of tent structure
· Number of wall or openings
· Anchorage type and fastening system to ground
· Distance from buildings
· Building exits near temporary tent location
The applicant or owner shall provide a minimum:
· Billing or mailing address
· Address of tent structure location
· Contact number
· Dates the tent structure will be erected
Access, Location and Parking
All access shall be in accordance with amended section of Section 503 of the fire code.
Location and Parking
Tents shall not be located less than 20 feet from property lines, parking areas, buildings, and internal combustion engines. Support ropes and guide wires shall be considered part of the tent. See fire code for exemptions.
Signage and Emergency Illumination
All tents shall be equipped with no-smoking signs and exit signs.
Illuminated exit signs and egress illumination shall be provided when the temporary tent will be used at night, or the tent is required to be illuminated based on occupant load greater than 50 persons.