- Join an outstanding emergency services team responding to over 11,000 calls for service a year
- Gain valuable “all risk” fire service and pre-hospital medical care experience
QUALIFICATIONS (Proof of qualifications must be provided upon appointment)
- Live within the Sonoma County Fire District
- Obtain Title 19 First Aid and CPR certification; within one year
- Commitment to providing superior customer service directly to your neighbors and communities
- Respond to emergency incidents as a member of an Engine Company, Truck Company or Rescue Company. Participate in training, general vehicle and building maintenance, public education, fire prevention, and other tasks as assigned, under the direction of a Station Volunteer Representative, Company or Chief Officer.
- Assigned to one of our fire stations (nearest to your residence), attend our Volunteer Firefighter Academy.
- Receive a small stipend for attending training classes and incident response.
- This is a non-contracted, non-represented, and non-benefited position. Nothing within this flyer constitutes an employment agreement or conditional full-time employment offer.
- At this time we are not accepting new applications for Volunteer Firefighter. If you would like to submit an interest card, please click here.
- Accepting applications: TBD
- Interview process: TBD
- Background investigation: TBD
- Medical evaluation: TBD
- Academy: TBD